The Heart of the Matter is a powerful new video resource examining the #1 birth defect in the world- congenital heart defects (CHD).
- Explores all aspects of the disease from the development of the heart in utero through adulthood.
- Asks the question: "What is America's #1 birth defect?" by conducting random, man-about-town interviews. It is clear from these interviews that the general population has no idea that congenital heart defects are the #1 birth defect.
Begs the additional questions:
- "Why don't people know CHD's are the #1 birth defect?"
- "What is being done to find the causes, improve detection, treatment and someday finding cures for this disease?"
- Provides a strong message of hope and reassurance that help is available.
In the one-hour documentary, you will hear from leading experts in the field as well as from patients and their families living with this disease. Thanks to research and new technology, there are now more adults living with congenital heart disease than there are children being born with them.
Although the survival rate has increased dramatically over the last 60 years, the incidence rate has not- Every 15 minutes a child is born with a CHD.